WELCOME TO THE SCFO NETWORK
We are SCFO Limited (“SCFO”) a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number: 12527796. You can find us at 77 East Road, Shoreditch, London N1 6AH. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have created a network to bring together a group of high calibre finance professionals from across the worlds most recognizable startups and scaleups, to enable like-minded individuals to share knowledge, seek advice and spend time getting to know one another (the “Network”).
- To ensure the Network facilitates high-quality events for the finance startup and scaleup community and allows our members to come together to promote career development and engage in meeting our peer groups (the “Purpose”), we have created these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not submit an application for membership or use our Network (including if you are an existing member) – by applying to or becoming a member, you accept and will adhere to these Terms.
- In using our Network we will process your personal data, more information about this can be found here.
JOINING THE NETWORK AND SECURITY
- Unless you receive an invite from us directly, you must complete our membership questionnaire to help us determine if you are eligible to join the Network. The Network is an invitation-only network to ensure it remains as useful as possible for our members. When you submit your membership questionnaire you must ensure that all information you provide to us is accurate. If you are successful in your application, we will send you a welcome email and will grant to you the personal, non-transferable right and licence to use the Network for the development of your finance career and to utilise the Network’s role of supporting that development (“Your Finance Career Development”), until terminated as set out in these Terms. Please note that by submitting your questionnaire, this does not guarantee you access to the Network.
- You must keep your account details safe. Any piece of information as part of our security procedures including details relating to our meeting forums must be treated as confidential. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password at any time. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- These terms are binding. By using our Network you acknowledge that these terms will apply and you have legal capacity to enter into contracts in the country you live.
- Membership fees. Where you wish to signup for the premium tier membership, you will be liable to pay for all taxes and duties imposed by the relevant authorities, all prices quoted to you in our communications are exclusive of these.
- What does it mean to be a member of our Network? As a member of our Network, you are brought into a hand-picked group of high-calibre finance professionals from the world of Tech. As part of this, you gain access to a wealth of peer knowledge via third-party digital platforms such as “Slack”, “Zoom”, “Eventbrite” and others, as well as our in-person and virtual, invite-only events.
- Can I share my knowledge and experience? The purpose of the Network is to facilitate conversations across the finance startup and scaleup industry from those at the top, therefore we both welcome and encourage you to share your knowledge and experience – you may just have the answer another member is looking for (“Member Input”). We set out our expectations related to what we expect when you interact with the Network, below.
- I’ve got a great job vacancy I need help filling – can I post it to the members? Absolutely – any job vacancy via our jobs channels can be posted free of charge for up to 7 days as long as you don’t: (i) post on behalf of professional recruiters; (ii) your post contains direct contact details for the hiring manager; and (iii) upon request from us, you introduce us to the hiring manager at the end of the free period in relation to our affiliated recruitment company Lycia Search.
- Can I record the events I attend? No, any type of recording of events, whether virtual or in-person, will not be permitted. This includes screenshotting, recording on cameras or live streaming.
- I would like my use of the Network to be private. Our members must not disturb, solicit or otherwise directly sell to other Members through our Network. We will take action against anyone who does, including suspending or terminating their membership.
- I know someone who could be an asset to the Network. As a member, you are always welcome to suggest new applicants to join the Network and should point them in the direction of the application questionnaire on our website.
- We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Network for business and operational reasons. This includes suspending access in situations where we have sought to contact a Member by email or Slack and the Member is not responsive to those we have appointed to manage the Network
- What action we may take in the event of a breach. When we consider that a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate including:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Network;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Member Input uploaded by you to our Network;
- legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- Links to other sites, Member Input and resources provided by third parties posted on the Network. These are provided for your information only. They should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
HOW CAN I INTERACT WITH THE NETWORK?
- Your Member Input must be the following: (i) accurate (where it states facts); (ii) be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and (iii) comply with the law applicable in England and Wales.
- Your Member Input must not be the following: (i) Defamatory of anyone or could bully, insult, intimidate, discriminate or humiliate someone; (ii) unlawful; (iii) promote sexually explicit material; (iv) promote violence; (v) infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark; (vi) like to deceive; (vii) give the impression that the Members Input originates from us or another person for which you do not have authority from; (viii) contain any advertising or promotion for another company and/ or site; and (ix) knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Your Finance Career Development only. You acknowledge and agree that you can only use the Network for Your Finance Career Development only and may not transfer, sell, distribute, lease, sublease, assign or licence the Network to any third parties.
- Our Network. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Network including any modifications and improvements, whether made by us or suggested by you. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. We provide you with a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable limited-term licence for Your Finance Career Development only
CANCELLATION, TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
- Termination of your membership. Your membership will start on the date we notify you that your application has been successful and you receive your welcome email. Your access to the Network will continue until the earlier of you canceling your membership; we terminate your right to access the Network, or you commit a material breach of these Terms.
- If you no longer want to be a member, let us know by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deletion of data. We will only retain your data for as long as we need it and are permitted to hold it for under data protection legislation. Your data is usually deleted 6 months after the deactivation of your account with us, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements. We will contact you by email 30 days before deactivating and deleting your account.
- Survival of important terms. Please note that all rights under this Agreement, which by nature should survive termination, will, including Indemnity, Liability, Governing Law, Notices and Intellectual Property.
- Your indemnity to us. You agree to indemnify us, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees against all loss, costs, damages liabilities and expenses that arise out of your breach of these Terms and/ or use of the Network.
- We do not limit any losses that we are not allowed to limit: We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so including death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- What we do limit: We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Network. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, our Network; or use of or reliance on any content including Members Input, displayed on our Network.
In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- No guarantees. The Network is provided “as is”. We make no guarantee as to the quality of the Network and its suitability for your individual purposes, and will not be liable in the event you do not undertake your own prior due diligence.
- Severability. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Where do we issue notices to you. We will issue all notices to you via the Network save for any that will materially impact your rights or your use of the Network which we will email to you, via the email associated with your membership as updated by you from time to time, including where you change company and/ or role.
- Complaints and legal disputes. Where you have any complaints, are subject to insolvency (or similar) proceedings or wish to issue legal proceedings against us, you should send notice of these to email@example.com
- What laws apply to these Terms? These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts.
However, if you are a consumer you may also benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these Terms affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
- Changes to these Terms. As the Network grows and improves, we might have to make changes to these Terms. We will do this by publishing the latest version to our website with a date confirming when they went live.