We are SCFO Limited (“SCFO”) a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number: 12527796. You can find us at 77 East Road, Shoreditch, London N1 6AH.
We have created a network to bring together a group of high calibre finance professionals from across the worlds most recognizable startups and scaleups, to enable like-minded individuals to share knowledge, seek advice and spend time getting to know one another (the “Network”).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
- When you apply to become a member of our Network. When you register with us, we collect your name, personal or business email, personal or business telephone number, employment history, education history, your LinkedIn URL and address. We collect these details to take steps to enter into a contract with you to enable you to access the Network.
- When you are successful in your application to become a member we will collect, in addition to the above, a photograph of you, details of your communications, and details of your attendance at events and other learning and development forums. We collect these to perform the membership contract in place between us.
- When you attend one of our events or a third party event. When you attend one of our events or a third party event (in person or virtually), we may collect your personal information including your name, address, email address and phone number. We collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interests to know who’s attending our events and to help promote the Network at third party events.
Where you attend one of our events we may take pictures or videos of you. We do this as we have a legitimate interest to promote the Network. You can opt out of having your photo taken in this way both when you attend our events and at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- When you contact us. When you contact us either by phone, email, via social media (e.g. on LinkedIn) or via our “contact us / get in touch” page with general queries, we will usually collect your name, social media handle and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- When you receive our news updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about.
When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news updates emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote the Network.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you apply for a job advertised and fulfilled by an affiliate of SCFO. When you enter into the recruitment process with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), qualifications, accreditations, test results (inc. psychometric and coding) and any additional information we may receive from our affiliated partners. We use a positivity filter during these recruitment processes in the cases where that activity is supported by digital information derived from the Network. This means that we process information that would be construed as creating a positive impression (as judged by suitably qualified professionals) of the candidate.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
- Business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and group companies for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
- Our affiliated recruitment company, Lycia Search Ltd. We may share your personal data with our affiliated recruitment company to make you aware of suitable roles that you may be interested in, under our legitimate interest to build our network and further our members’ careers. We will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of such data sharing. We will only share information that would be construed as creating a positive impression about you.
- Promotional events and marketing organisations, we do not sell data for marketing purposes but may share your data with an event organiser including where we run workshops with co-presenters. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
We store your data in the EU.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK and the EU, we ensure it receives additional protection as required by law. To keep this privacy notice as short and easy to understand as possible, we haven’t set out the specific circumstances when each of these protection measures are used. You can contact us at email@example.com for more detail on this.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements. This is usually for the duration you are an active member and for a period of 3 years after this.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse our programmes and support other similar programmes around the world.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant supervisory authority
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND MORE DETAIL
Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice was last updated on 1 October 2021